That fucking face was criminally underused in the game and it’s a goddamn shame.
Rebloging solely for that last comment xD
If there’s one thing I dislike about what people say about Yukari’s character in The Answer, it’s when they say it ‘contradicts’ her development in the Journey. In a way, it did push her back to square one, yes.
But it was simply another cycle of development.There are countless parallels in The Answer that connect to Yukari’s actions and development rather well:
For instance - the parallel between Yukari’s Father & the Protagonist.
- Both men died suddenly, causing Yukari to isolate herself from others.
- She didn’t get a chance to tell either goodbye before it was too late.
- The reasons for their deaths were unknown until Yukari found out.
- Both were prominent figures in her life. Her beloved father and her leader, friend and implied love interest.
When Yukari was upset about her father, who was the only one who came out to help her? The Protagonist (whether he wanted to or not). Now he’s the one dead.
Which leads to the other parallel: Yukari and her mother. As we know, Yukari’s mom had terrible means of coping.
- Yukari’s mom coped with her husband’s death by sleeping with douchebag men and neglecting her only child to the point where she moved out.
- Yukari coped with her father’s death by isolating herself and developing trust issues.
- Yukari coped with MC’s death by isolating herself and forcing herself to forget by looking ahead.
For most of Yukari’s life, she swore that she would never be like her mother. She eventually wanted to understand her, but she never wanted to know her pain.
Not only does Yukari understand it, she’s living it.
Persona 4: The Ultimax Ultra Suplex Hold
The New Challengers [X]
Persona 4 The Ultimate: Ultra Suplex Hold
New Contestants: Yukari Takeba - Junpei Iori - Sho Minazuki
Persona 4 Ulitmate 2: Yukari Takeba